Dates for August/September start
Thank you all for your patience over the past few days. Planning for a return to school during this pandemic has been difficult. Our situation has been even more complicated due to the building work that was delayed because of lockdown. These new rooms will give us fantastic new facilities and we are looking forward to opening the school full time for all our pupils as soon as we can. Health and safety of everyone who attends Dundonald High School is paramount.
I would like to set out some of the safety measures that we are putting in place:
- Face masks for students are strongly encouraged but not compulsory as we have some students who are unable to wear them.
- Staff will be wearing visors.
- A one-way system will be in place for moving around the school.
- Start times, break times and finish times will be staggered.
- Students will be using different entrances and exits.
- Sanitiser will be available around the school for student use.
- A cleaner is being employed by the school for continuous cleaning throughout the day.
- Students MUST not share equipment and must bring their own pens pencils, ruler, calculator etc in a school bag
- Parents should not send any child with symptoms of COVID-19 to school.
It would be appreciated if you could monitor your child’s temperature each day. Any child who has a temperature of 38 degrees or higher should not attend and the school should be informed.
If any family members are displaying symptoms please do not send your child to school until it is safe to do so
- An isolation area is available for any student who displays symptoms during the school day and parents will be asked to collect them immediately.
- Parents should not be on the school site other than for drop off and pick up.
- If a parent wants to speak to a member of staff in person an appointment must be made.
- Students should bring sanitiser, tissues and antibacterial wipes for their own personal use.
Due to the continued building work, we are unable to use 16 classrooms which means that we cannot return to a full timetable. This situation is constantly changing and therefore we have outlined a timetable for the next 3 weeks. We are hoping that building work will be completed so that we can return to full time as soon as possible.
The MLD unit will return to school from 7th September and Mrs Armstrong will be in touch with more details.
Wednesday 26th 9:00-11:00
Friday 4th 9:00 - 1:15
Monday 7th 9:00 - 3:00
Friday 11th 9:00 - 3:00
Thursday 27th 9:00- 11:00
Thursday 3rd 9:00 - 1:15
Monday 7th 8:50 - 2:55
Thursday 10th 9:00 - 3:00
Friday 28th 9:00- 11:00
Wednesday 2nd 9:00 - 1:15
Tuesday 8th 9:00 - 3:00
Friday 11th 9:00 - 3:00
Tuesday 1st 9:00 - 1:00
Wednesday 2nd- Friday 4th 8:50 - 1:00
Tuesday 8th - Friday 11th 8:50 - 2:50
Monday 24th 8:45-10:30
Tuesday 25th - Friday 28th 8:45 - 1:00
Tuesday 1st - Friday 4th 8:45 - 1:00
Monday 7th - Friday 11th 8:45 - 2:45